Friday, December 2, 2011

1st Saturday in Advent: Bake something and share it!

I never had a chance to write on the blog yesterday, but giving hugs went well. Our task for today was to pay someones library fine. We went to the library this afternoon, gave some books, and left some money for the next person (or people) that needed to pay a  fine. The librarian at first seemed confused, but then she was very complimentary to Sarah Bess and Davis telling them how generous they were.

Tomorrow we will Bake! It will be fun to make cookies with the kids and then share them with the neighbors. The kids wanted to make sure we will keep some also and we reassured them not to worry!

It is fun to be generous- and it is hard. I wish I didn't sometimes second guess my giving. We are adopting a family at work for Christmas and I debated over myself for far too long on how much of a gift card I would give the Dad to the place he requested today. That is not a generous heart (luckily Jimmy was there and said to get the higher amount I was debating about). Why do I question, when I know I have so much? I hope this advent that we can grow our faith in giving and really trust in God that he will meet our needs.

No comments: