Here we are two days post Thanksgiving and one day before Advent. We have had a wonderful Thanksgiving at the beach with Sudie, Papa Rob, Uncle Art, Aunt Georganna, Chris, Kelly, Drew, Nat, Uncle Ralph, and Kerry. We all have much to be thankful for this year.
As we gear up for Advent and what sometimes becomes the very busy Christmas season, I wanted to think of a way to keep in perspective for the kids what Advent is about. As we wait to celebrate the birth of Jesus, that we focus on more than just presents, parties and food.
So I have stolen an idea I saw someone doing during advent last year. We are going to do an Act of Kindness Calendar for Advent.
Want to join along with us? We'd love to hear how your family celebrates advent or if you participate in something like this. I plan to use the blog to share our experience and post what we are doing for each day.
Sunday November 27th, the first day of Advent: Smile at all you see today.
Luke 8.16: No one after lighting a lamp hides it under a jar, or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lamp stand, so that those who enter may see the light.
Hoping to shine the light of Christ this holiday season.
As we gear up for Advent and what sometimes becomes the very busy Christmas season, I wanted to think of a way to keep in perspective for the kids what Advent is about. As we wait to celebrate the birth of Jesus, that we focus on more than just presents, parties and food.
So I have stolen an idea I saw someone doing during advent last year. We are going to do an Act of Kindness Calendar for Advent.
Want to join along with us? We'd love to hear how your family celebrates advent or if you participate in something like this. I plan to use the blog to share our experience and post what we are doing for each day.
Sunday November 27th, the first day of Advent: Smile at all you see today.
Luke 8.16: No one after lighting a lamp hides it under a jar, or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lamp stand, so that those who enter may see the light.
Hoping to shine the light of Christ this holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment