
I can't believe we have now been home for 3 and a half weeks. Our lives are getting more and more settled each day with Davis learning our routine and continuing to become such an important part of our family. Some of the improvements he is making:
- stayed with a friend for 10 minutes on Friday with no tears!
- went with his Daddy and sister in the car on Sunday without Mommy and stopped crying by the end of the driveway!
- stayed in the nursery at church for 15 minutes with no crying! (another person came in which made him upset- but we were so happy he played that long without mommy)
- Daddy gave him a bath last night!
These are just a few things that may seem minor but are HUGE to us. He and Sarah Bess are playing more and more everyday as well. Yesterday after nap, Sarah Bess climbed in his bed and gave him a kiss and said "I love you". He in turn gave her a big hug- you can picture who then was crying tears of joy. They also love playing Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Sarah Bess has learned to be quite the ham to make Davis laugh hysterically in the car. I will ask her what they are laughing about but it is their secret. The other night she was sweetly reading to him so I thought I should get it on video- they of course then just wanted to stick their face in the camera and "see".
Davis continues to add new English words to his vocabulary. Some of his newest are funny, elephant, banana, Bailey and moo. He probably has around 25 words now- which would equal a word a day since he's been home. His speech language pathologist mother is very pleased with that.
Hope you all are well and we continue to appreciate your kind words and prayers.
This picture is from a local festival this past weekend- our little fireman!
3 comments:
Hannah--
What BEAUTIFUL children!! I am so happy for you all:) Glad things seem to be adjusting quickly in your new life!! Costa Rica is a blast and I'll be home before you know it! Glad I got to catch up with you family. Thanks for sharing:)
Emily P.
Jimmy, Hannah, Sara Bess and Davis!
So glad to hear that life is progressing right along! We are so happy for you and praying for all the best!
Lots of Love,
The California Cousins
All the finance ladies at TCTC enjoy reading your blog. We love keeping up with your family. Susan is still very special to us, as well as her family.
Post a Comment