Saturday, October 25, 2008

Has it been a month?

Hard to believe over a month has gone by since we last posted- we are staying busy! Davis becomes more and more adjusted everyday. I have gone back to work in the mornings and are gone before he and Sarah Bess get up. Jimmy gets both of them breakfast, dressed and off to school. This along with some other times spent just with Daddy have really increased Davis's bond to BaBa. He is now perfectly fine to see Mama head off somewhere if Baba and Mei Mei will remain with him. He is really enjoying school and his teachers say he is starting to ask them for things like going to the potty. (Speaking of potty... Sarah Bess is wearing big girl underwear except at naps and night- with the occasional accident, but doing great!)
As I type this, we are visiting Jimmy's parents and Sarah Bess and Davis are 'napping' in the room across the hall. The conversation goes more like this... Sarah Bess 'Mama will be right back'. Davis starts to sing 'e-i-e-i-o'. Sarah Bess says 'be quiet davis' and she begins to sing Twinkle Twinkle in Mandarin. Davis 'bad girl'. SB 'I not a bad girl....I see you Davis' and they both erupt in laughter. Maybe they will drift off soon.
Both of their language continues to grow more everyday. Sarah Bess is very inquisitive with lots of 'why' questions but then I am always amazed about things she knows and can say. Davis is speaking in two and three word phrases and continues to pick up more words also.
October has kept us busy and we have done many fun things like the lake, fair, and harvest fest at church so I'll post a few pictures.
(For those of you curious about Bailey- she is hanging in there and taking this time to nap before two twos start to terrorize her again!).
We continue to see various doctors at UNC to determine the best thing to help Davis as far as his growth and hip. The orthopaedist currently wants to do nothing as he consults with some colleagues about his hip. Davis is functioning so well on it he doesn't want to do anything that will not help that. Yesterday Davis had a hand x-ray and abdomen ultrasound both to make sure that it is his left side growing slower and not his right side growing faster. Who knew the bones in the hand were the most indicative of growth throughout the body.
I just asked Jimmy if there was anything I was forgetting to say and he said to let everyone know that we are always open to babysitters!
We are extremely exhausted and crazy, but feel so blessed to be parents of these wonderful two year olds.

No comments: