Many folks are sick of doing New Year’s Resolutions. Or maybe love them but want to add a different twist? I love the concept of having one word to represent your hopes and goals for the upcoming year.
My word this year is Be Still. And to those of you counting, I do know that is two words- but as Jimmy said, I have always been an overachiever. Psalm 46:10 has been speaking to me for a while, Be Still. And know that I am God. I tend to go, go and then go some more. Over volunteer. Over Schedule. Over do. And this all leads to being overstressed. I have found time and time again, unless I am still I am missing the opportunity to hear God. He is always here in the present moment, but if I am not then I cannot hear him or grow my relationship with him. So I hope to Be still in order to Move. In order to be present to Him and to this beautiful family I am part of.
My word this year is Be Still. And to those of you counting, I do know that is two words- but as Jimmy said, I have always been an overachiever. Psalm 46:10 has been speaking to me for a while, Be Still. And know that I am God. I tend to go, go and then go some more. Over volunteer. Over Schedule. Over do. And this all leads to being overstressed. I have found time and time again, unless I am still I am missing the opportunity to hear God. He is always here in the present moment, but if I am not then I cannot hear him or grow my relationship with him. So I hope to Be still in order to Move. In order to be present to Him and to this beautiful family I am part of.




No comments:
Post a Comment