Ok- I realize how slack I have been in posting when I came on to make a post that we are on our way and realized that I never posted that we cleared!!
So- woo hoo, we have cleared : o ). We cleared on Monday August 22. The Embassy didn't have appointments until Tuesday, Sept. 6th and we were able to get an appointment that day.
As I type, we are in a DC hotel room about to head to the airport for our flight to Addis. In less than 24 hours we will have our sweet girl in our arms. This has been a long road, but we are so excited that her time to be home with her forever family is near.
It was harder to leave Sarah Bess and Davis than I anticipated- harder than when we did the same thing 3 months ago. I think we all knew that when we return our family will be forever changed. We look forward to moving forward as our family of five.
This trip is bringing lots of time to reflect over our China trip 3 years ago... all the ways we can communicate back home- the blog (we hope!), facebook and skype to talk with Sarah Bess and Davis are such blessings to feel all the love of our friends and family.
Your emails, texts and phone calls over the past week wishing us good luck and sending your love and prayers have blessed us in more ways than we can express. THANK YOU!!!
Last trip- we were able to post on the blog only once, but we will try again this time and also be posting on facebook as we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment