Waiting- yes, several folks have been waiting for me to actually post again! (sorry)I know that some folks wondered why we went from posting Day 1 in Addis to...nothing. After that first post, we were never able to get back onto the blog. I have no idea why it worked so well, and then nothing.
My goal was to post as soon as we got home about the remainder of the trip, but I have been processing it all and honestly not feeling like writing about it. I'm still not sure how to put into words all the emotions of the trip and so...I waited. Most of it will probably never will be written.
I will say that our baby is a beautiful and sweet soul. Holding her brought amazing joy. I also will say that I will be forever changed by my days spent at the Care Center. My heart breaks for all orphans and spending time with so many made that even more of a reality. I pray that God gives our family direction in how to help orphans around the world.
Waiting on MOWA...As most of you now know, we did not pass court while we were there. This does not mean we have to go back for another court appointment, but it does mean we have to wait for a letter from MOWA before we can pass. While still in country, we were told 'no problem' and 'very soon'. I think the real answer is...they don't know. We have now been waiting a week and a half (I'm sure to many that seems not long, to other adoptive parents waiting, they know oh how long that is). We will have to complete this step before we even begin our next step of waiting...to be submitted to the US Embassy.
So here we are...waiting. I knew this would be tough. I knew I would be sad, but I had no idea that in almost every moment of every day I would be thinking of her and hoping to hear good news. That I would dream of her, that I would dream of Ethiopia and the people there.
Don't get me wrong- life here has been in full swing with wonderful moments. I think I am appreciatied even more time spent with Jimmy, Sarah Bess and Davis- I am SO SO blessed to have this awesome family. Just this weekend, we have been in Blowing Rock having a wonderful time with Jimmy's family. We went to Tweetsie yesterday, Sarah Bess and I had a great 'girl' time at Art in the Park with Gaga and Aunt Christy this morning and then Jimmy, Sarah Bess, Davis and I drove the Blue Ridge Parkway to Linville Falls- breathtaking.
And yet- we wait.
I read something yesterday that is giving me comfort today. We are all HIS children. He loves and cares for us more than any earthly parent could ever do. While I can't hold our infant daughter, He is.
This song (Waiting for You by Christy Nockels) continues to give me peace. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55DXPoIhFHs
...I'll try not to be so long in posting next time.
1 comment:
Oh, Hannah, I know how you are feeling! Your family is in my thoughts. We missed you in Raleigh this weekend!!
Post a Comment