Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Absent Blogger







So I realize it has been almost four months since I have posted on this blog. For several weeks, it was on my always constant 'to do' list. Then I decided I really didn't 'feel' like posting. Recently, I tried to decide why. Here's what I've decided:
1. I LOVE to read other people's blogs. (I'll list a few of my favorites in a seperate post). The blogs I like to read often inspire me, or at the least give me a little to think about. The authors seem to be "real" writers. This blog became more of an 'update' on the kids. Which if I thought people were actually reading it still for an update would be one thing, but I know I have very little 'followers' (Hi Mom to you)
2. My updates on the kids are duplications of the kids journals. My friend Emily does a great job blogging about her daughter (again back to that good writer thing) and turns her blogs into a book for her daughter Kay.
However, I don't tend to write what I'm really thinking or feeling about on a public blog. I do keep a personal journal for Sarah Bess and Davis and have started one for our newest addition. Those are what will really tell them their childhood stories.
Well, I guess it's basically just those two reasons. So, for now... I don't plan to post too often (...yes, I realize I wasn't posting much before). I will post updates to our adoption process b/c I know that can be helpful to other families.... and of course what people (aka my mom) really want... pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie and I from TCTC still love to read your blog and look at pictures of your family. So PLEASE keep writing every couple of months anyway and let us enjoy your family. We still miss Susan but am so glad that she is happy.
Am excited about you latest adoption and can't wait to see pictures. Best regards, Faye