I have been surprised at how many folks have told me they still check our blog and where is an update... so here it is! We are doing really well. November has been a great month. We went to visit Sam and Usha at the end of October. I attended a conference the first week of November and Davis did great with me away for two nights and last weekend was Davis's baptisim. I've been amazed when I look at pictures from China how much he has grown since he has been home- and it's no surprise as he (like his sister) LOVES to eat!!! A favorite is 'french fries' but he will also eat pretty much whatever we are eating. He and his sister really love school and are talking more and more in Mandarin- they especially like to sing their Mandarin songs. Sarah Bess often wants mommy to repeat what she says and then is not too happy when Mommy can't say it right! Jimmy says she is developing some southern chinese as she puts a bit of an accent on it (as she does with words like milk that she produces with about 3 syllables!). Davis is also continuing to learn more and more English using two and three word sentences on a regular basis. He has never ending energy and the two of them are developing an incredible bond.
His baptisim was such a wonderful event and weekend. On Sunday Jimmy and I were both amazed that although he didn't understand the day, you could tell he knew it was for him. We both felt like it was one of his happiest days since we've had him (and he is always pretty happy).
We are really looking forward to Thanksgiving next week- it will be very busy with all of my family at the beach. I know the kids will both love it. Hope all of you reading this are well.
1 comment:
We still enjoy reading your blog! You will have to keep it going until the children are married!
Post a Comment