Monday, July 21, 2008
Well we have Mr. Davis- he is more precious than you can believe. He is reacting the way we have heard many children that have been in foster care do. He has cried pretty much non stop except for a 2 hour nap this afternoon and calms a little to Mandarin cartoons. He continues says the name for Mama, Daddy and big brother (his foster family). He has eaten a small little bit. We are mostly amazed at how well he can walk. We saw some new pictures and he always has such a smiling face- we haven't seen that yet but I'm sure we will very soon. We are hanging in there just trying to get through the next few days. Thank you all for your prayers. We don't have any great Gotcha day photos but we will post something soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hannah, Jimmy, and Davis,
So good to hear you are together! I have been saying to my kids every few hours things like, "Well, they'll meet him any minute now!" I am eager to see photos and to hear about the first time you watch him smile.
Hang in there during these tiring early days!
Love,
Emily, Ian, and all
We're sitting in the coffee shop thinking about you three. We hope you got some rest and Davis slept a little! Y'all are in our prayers and we can't wait to see Mr. Davis!
See you soon~
Monday Night Bible Study
Dear Miss Hannah,
Congratulations! He is so cute. I can't wait to see him in real life. ~Kimmee Vernelson
Dear Miss Hannah,
I think Davis is the cutest thing in the world. I am so excited you got him! ~Nikki Vernelson
Hannah, Jimmy, and Davis,
We are so happy for you! We've been thinking about you, and we can't wait to finally meet Davis. We've been checking the blog daily for updates, and it makes our day every time we read it.
We'll continue to pray for you at this special time.
Give Davis a big hug from all of us.
Love,
Lindsay, Ken, Charlie, and Abigail
Dear Hannah, Jimmy, and Davis- We hope you are well and have thought of you so often over the past few days. I imagine that it will take Davis a little while to relax, and hopefully trips to the park or down to some water would be calming. We wish you good health, sweet weather, fluid transitions from one place to the next, and a peaceful relating with Davis.
Y'all have such huge hearts! I am grateful for how you teach me to share love with the world.
I love you, Sam
Hey Hannah & Jimmy, All of you have been in my thoughts daily and I am praying that God will just supernaturally calm Davis and let him know what loving caring arms are holding him. Praying that everyone has gotten some rest and you have seen Davis hopefully smile a little more. He is so precious and I love will be a special addition to your family. Take care, Love, Vickie
Dear Hannah and Jimmy....we were so excited to read that you have gotten Davis....I am sure he will settle down and be so happy in the arms of the two of you before you know it. Your blog brought tears to my eyes and we salute you for your courage and your love and truly making the difference in the life of someone across the globe.
Much love
Martha and Curt Daniel
Rocky Mount
Hi Hannah, Jimmy, and Davis!!! We are praying that Davis will soon calm and be comfortable with his wonderful Mommy and Daddy! So thrilled to hear that you are finally together. We will be praying for Sarah Bess too as she prepares to meet her brother. We can't wait to meet him.
Love, Beth, Bill, and Lexie
Congratulations to you and to Davis what a wonderful addition to the family.
Post a Comment